It is our goal to keep your out of pocket cost to a minimum. In order to do so we need your help in having the appropriate information available to us and ask you educate yourself with your plan.
- Please be aware if your insurance carrier requires you to have a referral to our office. If so bring the referral with you to your appointment or have the referring physician fax it to our office. Our fax number is 510-818-1195.
- Bring your current insurance cards and information with you to your appointment.
- Dr. Thomas is a specialist therefore your benefits maybe different from your other providers please check your benefits before coming to the office.
- You are responsible for all charges in the event your insurance carrier does not pay for services rendered.
If you need surgery or a radiology study
- Should you require a radiology study or surgery we will pre-authorize your insurance should it be required.
- Most insurance companies do not cover 100% for surgery. We will give you a realistic estimate of your out of pocket expense and ask that you pay this co-pay or deductible prior to your procedure.
- It's important to note this will only be for Dr Thomas's charges not the hospital charges. You will need to talk directly to the hospital for hospital fees.
All co-payments, deductibles and other fees are due at the time of your visit.
- We accept Check, Cash, Visa and Mastercard
- If you have an outstanding balance with us we ask you make a payment at each visit. We cannot schedule further care in the office if you do not make regular payments on your bill.
- There is a fee to complete forms, including disability forms and letters. Please give these forms or requests to the office. The length and complexity of the form will determine the amount of fee. ($25-$150) In most cases the forms will need to be dropped off. Turn around time is generally 72 hrs for all paperwork.
Given the nature of Dr Thomas's specialty he is called into emergency surgery quite frequently. There is no warning when this happens, if so office appointments need to be cancelled at short notice. In order to respect your time please make sure we have the following:
- Current contact telephone numbers. Home/Cell/Work
- Call the office prior to leaving for your appointment to make sure we are running on time.
- Please be flexible and understanding.
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please give us 24 hrs notice. There is always someone who would like to take your appointment. If we know in advance we can accommodate them.
Thank you for taking the time to review our office policy. We look forward to helping you with all aspects of your visit with us.
Please note that all appointments must be made by calling our office at 510-818-1160.